Keynote Theme – Driving Customer Success & Innovation on AWS.
Generation Digital participates in the AWS Global Partner Summit as part of Re:Invent 2016.
AWS just wrapped an eventful AWS Global Partner Summit at re:Invent. This full-day event is exclusive to AWS Partner Network (APN) Partners and Generation Digital were pleased to participate. This year, the event featured a keynote with senior AWS leaders, who discussed a number of APN launches, key trends in the market, and stories of APN Partners driving customer success on AWS. The APN team then hosted a number of business and technical sessions focused on topics intended to help APN Partners build a successful AWS-based business.
During the Global Partner Summit keynote, attendees heard from a number of AWS executives, including:
- Terry Wise
- James Hamilton
- Dave McCann
- Mike Clayville
- Andy Jassy
The keynote also featured the following customer speakers:
- Dan Zelem, CTO, Johnson & Johnson
- Adam Japhet, Head of Technology Services Architecture & Design, Scholastic
Keynote Theme – Driving Customer Success & Innovation on AWS
The world’s leading enterprises trust APN Partners to help them achieve the agility benefits of the AWS Cloud. The majority of the Fortune 500 and over 90 percent of Fortune 100 companies utilize APN Partner solutions and services. APN Partners have a unique opportunity to drive customer success on AWS by developing deep skills and specializations on AWS. And throughout the keynote, speakers discussed how APN Partners are successfully helping Enterprise customers drive digital transformation and innovation on AWS, along with key areas of opportunity for APN Partners moving forward. Of particular focus were opportunities APN Partners have to help customers migrate to AWS and maximize the benefits of AWS. Terry Wise discussed how AWS approaches Enterprise migrations, the value of next-generation cloud managed services for customers, and how APN Partners can deliver immense value to customers through automation and full lifecycle customer engagement. Terry also discussed the newly announced alliance with VMWare and VMWare Cloud on AWS and announced that the VMWare Cloud on AWS Partner Program will launch in 2017. Speaking to innovation, Terry discussed the interesting ways that APN Partners are innovating with Amazon Alexa, and how the APN and Alexa teams work together to help APN Partners develop key Alexa skills.
APN Program Launches
The APN team announced a number of exciting launches during the keynote. Here’s a summary, along with links to more information on the AWS Partner Network Blog:
- The AWS IoT Competency: Showcases industry-leading APN Consulting and Technology Partners that provide proven technology and/or implementation capabilities for a variety of IoT use cases including (though not limited to) intelligent factories, smart cities, energy, automotive, transportation, and healthcare.
- The AWS Financial Services Competency: Recognizes APN Consulting and Technology Partners offering services and solutions for customers in banking and payments, capital markets, and insurance.
- The AWS Service Delivery Program: Helps AWS customers find APN Partners with validated experience in specific AWS services and skills such as Amazon Aurora or delivering AWS GovCloud (US) Workloads.
- The AWS Public Sector Program: Helps qualified APN Partners build and accelerate their AWS Public Sector business.
- The AWS Partner Solutions Finder: Enables AWS customers to easily search, discover, and connect with APN Partners, based on their business needs.
Generation Digital - Driving Digital Transformation
We partner with clients to digitally transform how their organisations work, collaborate, engage, analyse and report to help them succeed in an ever-changing market.
Generation Digital is a platform neutral partner of industry-leading technology companies including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Dropbox. We deliver expert consultation, design, supply, installation, integration and management of Digital Workplace, Cloud Adoption and Mobility / Identity solutions.
As a privately-held leader in new technology solutions, we employ some of the foremost experienced professionals in the platforms we support – engineers, developers, project managers, business analysts, UX/UI experts, designers, and user adoption consultants – ensuring we can provide a holistic view on the most complex business challenges, and deliver an awesome user experience to our clients.
Generation Digital is proud to work with a broad range of clients including Berendsen PLC, Woodford Investments, Algebris Investments, Sega Games, PGA European Tour & Haseltine Lake LLP. Public sector clients include the Guildhall School of Music & Drama, The National Archives and City of London.
The company is an approved Crown Commercial Service Supplier and listed on several Public Sector frameworks including G Cloud and Digital Outcomes & Specialists.